Then whip up a quick batch of cookie dough frosting. It’s perfect on a cookie, on a cupcake, or just straight out of the bowl. The great part is that there are no raw eggs to worry about.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To make the frosting, beat together the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until creamy. Mix in the confectioners sugar until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
- for filling for a layer cake
- on any flavored cupcake or cake
- to frost brownies
- as filling in between two cookies
Optional decoration for cupcakes – mini chocolate chips or tiny chocolate chip cookies.