If a pumpkin pie and a decadent brownie got married and had a love child, this is what it would taste like:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Grease an 8×8 inch pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Mix melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt. Divide batter equally into two separate bowls.
In bowl number one, mix cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
In bowl number two, stir in pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
Spread half of chocolate batter on the bottom of the pan, then cover with layer of 1/2 of the pumpkin batter. Repeat. Use a kitchen knife and drag through the layers to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.