Secret: I’m one of those horrible people who actually like Halloween. I’m going to do a whole Halloween post explaining that on…Halloween, but until then, here’s a spooky recipe in case you’re going to any parties this weekend.
What could be grosser than severed fingers? Especially in cookie form. Something so appalling shouldn’t taste so good. But oh, they do.
My super talented sister brought these gems to a party a couple years ago. Yes, YEARS ago, and people who were at the party still talk about them and ask for the recipe!
So, if you want a show stopper or a conversation topic at a party, give these beauties a try.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup whole almonds
- 1 tube red decorating gel
- Mix together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, beat the ingrediants while you (SLOWLY, or else you’re going to have an amazing flour cloud in your kitchen) add in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Toss the mixture in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a couple baking sheets.
- Keep the dough in the fridge while you’re working! Only remove a scoop at a time. Place a one scoop onto a piece of wax paper and use the paper to roll the dough into a finger-like shape. Squeeze to make the look of knuckles and then use a knife to make lines in the dough to make it even more finger-ish. Place an almond on the end of each one to look like fingernails. Put the cookies onto the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take off the almond from each cookie (careful! They’re hot!) and squeeze a bit of red gel onto the cookie . Then replace the almond as the gel oozes out around it! You can also put a bit of gel around the end of the fingers…they are severed after all!
Sharing cool ways to be up on the trends at a quarter of the price. Recipes, clothes, books, fun date ideas. The works.