Recently someone asked me why I haven’t been posting as many recipes lately. Simply put: I lost the USB cord for my camera so it made posting photos impossible. And to add insult to injury, I didn’t own a smartphone so it’s not like I could snap pictures that way either.
*enter Twilight Zone music*
FEAR NOT! I took the plunge and joined the world of smartphones this weekend so now recipes (and probably many more unnecessary pictures) can grace the blog again.
Why not start back with a recipe to end all recipes. Oh, believe me, these are THAT good. Now, before you let your eyes wander downward just listen. The ingredients may strike you as weird, but trust me. In the one fifteen months I’ve been blogging recipes — I’ve yet to steer you wrong!
Big Fat Cheater Apple Dumpling
1 large Granny Smith apple
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew
1) Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut your apple into eight wedges, removing core and peeling. Wrap each apple chunk in a triangle of crescent dough. Place all eight dough wrapped apple chunks in a large baking pan.
3) Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Stir constantly. Once butter is melted add the cinnamon and sugar. The mixture will turn into a thick, delicious smelling goo.
4) Spoon/Pour delish goo over each dough covered apple wedge.
5) Pour can of Dew into pan.
6) Cook dumplings for 40 minutes. Serve over vanilla ice-cream, making sure to spoon sauce from pan over the ice-cream and dumplings.
7) Eat quickly. Feel full and decidedly happy for the rest of the evening.
Copy Cat – Sharing cool ways to be up on the trends at a quarter of the price. Recipes, clothes, books, fun date ideas. The works.