I’m guessing some people out there have an abundance of boiled eggs (probably in a multitude of pretty colors!) left over from Easter. Either you’re planning to eat plain eggs for the next week, or you’re searching for some recipes to use them up. Egg salad is great, but can I suggest something A-MAZING? I submit my red skinned potato salad as a possible contender. I promise it won’t disappoint. We had this at Easter…and there is hardly any left!
Red Skinned Potato Salad
-1 pound bacon
-3 pounds red potatoes
-2 stalks of celery
-2 cups mayo
-Salt and pepper
1) Scrub potatoes until clean (don’t you hate that part?? Wish I could get someone to give me clean potatoes).
2) Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the potatoes and cook 12-15 minutes. Drain and allow potatoes to cool. Chop cooled potatoes (leave skin on…hense the name of the recipe).
3) Cover eggs with cool water and bring water to a boil. Remove the pot from heat, cover with lid, and let eggs stand in water for 15 minutes. Remove from water, peel, and chop the eggs.
4) Cook bacon – drain, cool, and crumble.
5) Chop celery.
6) Put potatoes, eggs, bacon, mayo, celery, and chopped green onions in a large bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Sprinkle more green onions over the top. Place the salad in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.